Q: Connecting Altek AC-31 tablet

Philip Verhagen 100112.2166 at compuserve.com
Wed Jul 14 06:26:00 EDT 1993

OK, I've been trying to get my Altek digitizer connected with
my Sun Sparc and do some digitizing in GRASS, but there seems
to be some trouble. The message 'digitizer out of sync' appears
a few times, and then I'm thrown out of v.digit.

Checking the altek source-code in mapdev/digitizers revealed that
dipswitches and cabling are known for the AC-30 and AC-40 controller,
but not a word on the AC-31 controller that I am using. Is there
anyone who uses this type of digitizing tablet, and knows what to do
to get it going?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Philip Verhagen