m.dted.* and r.in.ll

Greg Koerper greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Thu Jul 15 21:42:08 EDT 1993

At our site, we have had need to read unblocked pre-1987 DTED data and
enter it into latitude-longitude projections.  To accomplish this, I have
modified the following GRASS utilities:

m.dted.examine
m.dted.extract
r.in.ll

The contributed code is available in the incoming[/OGI] directory on moon.
The updated man page is in troff format as MAN in each of the *tar.Z files.

I will appreciate any feedback on the robustness of the code.  I did not
have tapes on which to test the code.  The 4.1 version of m.dted.extract
appeared broken to me, due to incorrect variable types in the arguments to
G_scan_northing and G_scan_easting.

The change to r.in.ll may be the most useful of the lot.  This allows the
data output by m.rot90 to be read into a lat-lon raster projection, whereas in
the past there was only the UTM option.  But in fact, this code
reads any row-by-row binary data surface representing a latitude-longitude
projection, allowing users new (I hope) flexibility for importing data into
lat-lon GRASS raster format.

greg

Greg Koerper                            Internet: greg at heart.cor.epa.gov
ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc.  UUCP:     hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!koerper
US EPA Environmental Research Lab
200 SW 35th St., JSB
Corvallis, OR   97333     Rush Limbaugh plucks the heartstrings of America:
(503) 754-4490                "I'm OK, because you're not!"
 fax:  (503) 754-4338