No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 19 16:06:35 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: r.in.sunrast, v.digit
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 20:06:30 GMT

In <9307081941.AA19275 at uk.ac.aber.fronta> jjm at aberystwyth.ac.uk writes:

>I am trying to input some data into grass, but it is proving very difficult !
>I've got an image saved as a sun raster file ( converted from xbm in xv) and
>I've tried to convert into a grass raster file using r.in.sunrast but I get the
>following error message :
>     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported
>Does anyone one know why this is happening this format should be o.k, I have
>even tried doing a sun screendump of the image and then tried to convert that,
>but guess what :
>     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported

The r.in.sunrast doesn't understand all the flavors of the sun
rasterfile formats. In particular it doesn't understand the
byte-encoded format. I suspect that you have produced this format.
See if xbm will produce a standard rasterfile format instead of the
byte-encoded format.
Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005