Need Information...

J Leslie Booth boothl at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 19 18:02:10 EDT 1993

We are haveing difficulties running GRASS4.1.  We are running on Sun
Lx machines, using Solaris OS.  Our digitizer boards are Calcomp.
We have configured to use v.digit2 and it runs... however it is
very slow... in the past on a SparcII, running under OS 4.0, the
computation time for digitzing, in stream mode, an area of 1" radius
would take no more than 5 sec... from stopping ditizing to finished o
order of acceptance or rejection... now it takes 45-50 seconds.. this
is far too LONG...

Has anyone else out there in 'GRASSLAND' experienced this type of
problem on GRASS4.1, under Solais on the Sun LX machine platform?

If anyone has information leading to a solution to our problem [outside
of not using Solaris...] PLEASE get in touch with me ASAP at...

	boothl at pasture.ecn.purdue

Thanx in advance for any and all help.

les