No subject

Suzie Wetzel wetzel at hydro2.ce.washington.edu
Thu Jul 22 13:03:11 EDT 1993

I have some questions about GRASS and was advised to join this mail list.
I'm not sure that this letter is going where I want it to, but if you're
receiving this and can help me, please send me mail at:
            wetzel at hydro2.ce.washington.edu

Or, if you know who I should contact; please tell me that, too.

Here's my problem:  I have written a modelling program for hydrologic
routing through a river basin and have also collected and organized water
use data for these river basins.  The water use data is organized by
county, though; and the routing program uses 1degree by 1degree blocks.
What I want to know is if there is a way to superimpose the county boundaries
on a GRASS map of a particular region.  Then, I'm hoping GRASS can decide
which blocks are in which counties and assign the water use data accordingly.

I know that S and S+ have mapping functions which can draw the county
boundaries in vector form; but I would need this information in raster and
I would need to transfer it to GRASS and superimpose it on a GRASS map.

If you have any ideas about either how to locate a GRASS county data base
or to use the S+ county information on GRASS, please send me mail.
or how to use the S+ information with GRASS, please send me mail.
Thanks!

Suzie Wetzel