Problems with GRASS4.1 on Linux

Andreas Holz (CIP guests) asholz at cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jul 23 13:19:40 EDT 1993

Hell GRASS-world,

	I have some problems with GRASS on Linux (and on IRIS Indigo)

	Linux problems:

	1. v.digit with digitizer none:
		In the digitizing menu I choose 'D' to activate the
		mouse as digitizer, but the mouse does not work.

		In r.digit the mouse is ok.

	  v.digit with calcomp and summagraphic digitizers:
		in the directory $GIS/etc is the file digcap with
		entrys of the digitizers to use, so well.
		In the directory $GIS/etc/digitizers are parameterfiles
		for v.digit to recognize the connected digitizers. The
		name of one of these files (ore more) is placed in
		digcap.

		When I start v.digit, select the digitizer, select
		a filename, give the textual information and respond
		to the next answer with 'y', v.digit hangs for a while
		an the crashes with eg. 'file cc95f26_16 not found .....'.

		I tried to debug v.digit, but HUHHHHH, its quite
		complicated.

	v.to.rast crashes

	On Linux and IRIS

	ps.map	crashes after the question for the postscript output
		filename.

	d.rast.zoom	crashes, if I try to zoom more than one time.

Perhaps can someone help me?

Dipl. Geol. Andreas Holz    email: asholz at cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Institut fuer Geologie und Mineralogie
Schlossgarten 5