Spatial Data Transfer Standards

Melissa Records records at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 26 16:41:03 EDT 1993

In an E-mail message, Tom Nelson wrote:

> I recently posed a question as to the status of a GRASS translator
> (raster and vector) to meet the mandatory requirements imposed by
> the Spatial Data Transfer Standards (SDTS).
>
> The response I received directed me to the last issue of GRASSclippings
> Cartographic Issues Section.  This article mentioned that SDTS requires
> a data quality report.  While metadata is an important facet of the SDTS
> issue, the real point of my initial question concerned the status of
> the actual SDTS vector and raster translators within GRASS.

My mistake -- the SDTS update is coming out in the next issue of Clippings.
I've seen the article so much that I'm thinking that everyone's seen it.
As I don't want to post the entire article before OGF gets their crack at
it, my best advice is again, to check with David Stigberg at USACERL.  He's
been working on the GRASS-SDTS coding for a while.