univariate stats for sites

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Jul 27 00:41:20 EDT 1993

Anantha Prasad (prasad at landcover.inhs.uiuc.edu) writes on 26 Jul 93:
>Hi, I compiled and executed s.univar -  all results except the no. of

compile, read man page, then execute :-) :-)

The man page is automatically installed.

>records does not make sense. My site_lists file was in the foll.
>format :
>x | y |# z

I need just a little more than this to go on. If anyone has problems,
send me an example file. It would also be nice to know machine/OS info,
too. (I get the same answers as SAS here on different machines and
operating systems).

I suspect that it's related to parsing of the description field.
I cannot find any documented standards or GRASS library functions for
parsing this field. Maybe I need to make the desc parsing routine
smarter, but if you have records like:

1|16|#8 11.170000

instead of the default

1|16|11.170000

then you should use the -l option:

s.univar -l file

(this is all explained in the man page). For records like

1|16|#11

or

1|16|# 11.170000

(as Anantha Prasad gave), I fail to see the point of the # sign.
However, if this *another* valid format, perhaps some changes
are in order.

--Darrell