selecting labeled areas

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 28 19:19:49 EDT 1993

Does anyone know a good way to save all area edges that are part of
a labeled area, and get rid of all area edges that are not?
I have a vector file with a lot of extraneous area edges that aren't
part of any closed polygon, as well as unlabeled polygons.  I would
like to create a new file keeping only the labeled polygons.
Unfortunately whenever I run v.reclass -d I get segmentation faults.
The type=line and type=area (not dissolve) both work fine on the
input file with the same reclass rules file.  If I don't dissolve,
I'm left with area edges all over (it's a pretty ugly looking file).
Since I need to do this for at least a series of 7 files, (plus
anything that comes up in the future until a bug fix) taking them
out by hand in v.digit is not terribly appetizing.

I've thought of trying to do some tricky thing using v.out.ascii and
editting that file, but haven't quite figured how to automate that.

Help is appreciated,

Sue Huse
REGIS
U C Berkeley