zoom in/out?

Todd E. Crane tecrane at geog.buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 1 11:13:18 EDT 1993

Hi,

we are building an interface (with some menus) so that non-grass-oriented
people can perform certain tasks, like selecting layers of information
to display, panning/zooming, etc.

To zoom, we could just use the d.zoom command, but it only seems to
allow us to "zoom-in-by-center".  a more complete zooming function
can be found in v.digit (the Z option). Here, the mouse becomes
the input device, and the user is allowed to zoom in and out by
selecting a new window.  Is it possible to just *lift* that
part of the code out of v.digit, or ....

we're open to any suggestions!

thanks in advance,

todd crane