rotating rasterfiles?

Susan Stitt nps!susan at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Tue Jun 8 10:12:58 EDT 1993

>Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 20:13:25 EST
>From: cerl!cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au!simon (Simon Cox)
>
>I have some rasterfiles (imagery, sort of) which I am importing.
>Unfortunately, some of these are rotated 90o.  Can I rotate
>these, within grass, prior to rectification, or should I
>let i.rectify handle it?  WIll it choke?
>
>I cannot use m.rot90 as the files are already imported as grass raster layers.
>
>SUggestions?
>
>Simon COx                 simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au

I believe that if you decompress your grass raster files, you can use
m.rot90 to rotate them.  m.rot90 does not recognize them as grass files
so you need to provide the complete path name to the cell directory in
your mapset for both the input and output files.  Also you will need to
rebuild the cellhd following the rotation and cp (or mv) to the new
rotated name any other support files you already have (colr, cell_misc, etc).

Hope this helps.

Susan Stitt

  National Park Service, Geographic Information Systems Division
  PO Box 25287                        12795 W. Alameda Parkway
  Denver Colorado  80225-0287         Lakewood Colorado  80228
  (303) 969-2596                      susan%nps at cerl.cecer.army.mil