patching across utm zones

Simon Cox simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 15 13:13:44 EDT 1993

Thanks Pat

Malcolm Williamson from U.ARK sent me a very smart way to do the trick
(should have thought of it myself!)

Here it is:

> Simon,
> These are some instructions that I wrote for some co-workers when we had to
> patch landuse/land cover maps across two zones. If you are interested I can
> send you the original Postscript document as well. Hope this helps.
>
> --------
>
> ALIGNMENT OF RASTER MAPS FROM DIFFERENT UTM ZONES
>
> 1.    Copy raster file [filename]that is in incorrect UTM zone to mapset in
> desired UTM zone.
>
> 2.    Use "i.group" to create a group [groupname] that includes [filename] of
> raster file that is in incorrect zone.
>
> 3.    Use "i.target" to identify [groupname] as target.
>
> 4.    Enter "i.points", identifying group as [groupname]. Display the raster
> map [filename] from the selected group. Use the Plot Raster command
> to display the raster map that you want to patch to in the upper right
> quadrant of the monitor.
>
> 5.    Use the mouse to mark four points in the raster map to be rectified.
Make

malcolm at cast.uark.edu
> Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159
> Ozark Rm. 12                                        Fax: (501) 575-3846
> University of Arkansas
> Fayetteville, AR 72701

----
				Dr Simon Cox
         __  L
      ,~'  L_|\            	Department of Earth Sciences
   ,-'         \         	Monash University
   (            \		Clayton  Vic  3168  Australia
    L,~'   "\_x/		Phone +61 3 565 5762
              u   		Fax   +61 3 565 5062
				simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au