DLG-OPT format

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Tue Jun 15 15:01:34 EDT 1993

Tim Szeliga asks:
> Hasn't anyone ever heard of GCTP II, the Global Coordinate
> Transform Package, a suite of Fortran routines to convert control point
> between any two standard projections?

Sure, a lot of us have heard of it.  So what are we suppose to do with it?
Implementing a projection in a GIS package is much more than having data
sitting in a particular projection.

I am somewhat at a loss as to what the point of your posting is.  Could
you please clarify - do you want someone to write import routines for
data in other projections? do you want GRASS to support more projections?
Please clarify.

Thanks. :)
Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov