transfer vector stream to raster stream

Chin Shien Wu johnwu at forestry.auburn.edu
Thu Jun 17 11:36:08 EDT 1993

Dear GRASS Users:
I have a Alabama stream vector file extracted from TIGER file. I want to transfer this vector stream file to raster stream file. I got "file system full" problem whenever I ran "v.to.raster". I believe that is the problem of too many catagory values in th vector stream file. I trie to use "v.reclass" to reclass the vector stream file, but I found this program was designed only for reclassification of few catagory values vector file. Does any one has good idea to solve this problem?
Any suggfestion will be very appreciated.

John Wu