v.digit using Altek AC30 (Problems)

Yves Dugal ydugal at cti.ulaval.ca
Fri Jun 25 14:35:27 EDT 1993

I had the same problem with v.digit using Altek AC30 controller and
file al30f8_16. I spent a few days looking into it. It seem to be a problem
of timing in the communication between the computer and the digitizer.
I finally solve my problem by increasing the baud rate to 19200 and 50pts/sec.
I modified the line baud=9600 to baud=19200 in the al30f8_16 file and
the dip switches on the controller. I hope this will help.

Yves Dugal,
analyste de l'informatique,           |
Infocentre scientifique,              |
Centre de traitement de l'information,|
Universite Laval,                     | tel.: 418-656-3632
Quebec, Quebec, Canada,               | fax.: 418-656-7305
G1K 7P4                               | e-mail: ydugal at cti.ulaval.ca