floating point | null data in GRASS!

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Fri Mar 12 07:54:18 EST 1993

I fully support this idea.
I think this would be a very important for the future of Grass.
When I spoke to Peter Burrough at EGIS this spring he though this was
the main week point in Grass.  I have helped some people with watershed
models and it would have been very useful with float values.  Personally
I think I miss the the difference between null and zero data the most.
Float values you could allways use multiply factors instead even if it
is a hazzle.

Lars

Lars Schylberg                          Email: larss at fmi.kth.se
Dept. of Geodesy and Photogrammetry
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)     Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN             Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10