utm coordinate

Chin-Shien Wu johnwu at forestry.auburn.edu
Sat Mar 13 00:46:35 EST 1993

Dear grass users:

I am doing rectification of Landsat MSS images. One of my image cover the area of Alabama and Georgia. The UTM coordinates in Alabam are in Zone 16, and the UTM coordinates in Georgia are in Zone 17. I got some control points in Alabama and some control points in Georgia by using "i.points". I fond the overall rms error is huge. I think I may need to adjust the UTM coordinates in Zone 17 to Zone 16. Does "i.points" work only in the same Zone? Does any one know how to solve the problem?

Thank you very much.

John Wu

e-mail: johnwu at forestry.auburn.edu