help with subscribe

Jennifer Robinson robinson at gsf.de
Mon Mar 22 11:19:02 EST 1993

I have tried to subscribe to the grass users list bz inserting
the following as a one-liner in a mail file sent to grassu-request.

SUBscribe Jennifer M. Robinson

I keep getting back a message telling me to include my name.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, DIR as a request gets the following response

Cannot find file directory

ls -l/sd1h/listman/grassu/arc

. . . followed by the ls from the above file.

Is that what's supposed to happen?  Is there any way
to learn what is in the archives before porting them?

	Thanks,
--

	Jennifer Robinson

	Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH
	Angewandte Landschaftsoekologie (=UFZ-ALOE)
	Permoserstr. 15, O-7050 Leipzig, GERMANY
	Phone/Fax : 49-341-235-2784 / -2511
	email: robinson at gsf.de  or robin at essc.psu.edu
note: phone numbers of the form 49-341-2392-XXXX are no longer
valid.  The numbers above should work worldwide but the lines are
often overloaded.