colortables and colr2 directory

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Tue Mar 23 03:58:16 EST 1993

Well, after the trouble that I had yesterday I thought there was a need
for little bourne shell script here to make things a little easier.
So here is the the script of today from me.  This script copies your favorite
color table from one cell file to another cell file that has the same
cell range of values.  You have to know yourself that is makes sence to
copy the color table.  Please write me comments if I have missed something.

Lars

Lars Schylberg                          Email: larss at fmi.kth.se
Dept. of Geodesy and Photogrammetry
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)     Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN             Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10

#!/bin/sh
#
#  cp.colr.sh
#
#  Script to copy one color table from one raster map to another raster map
#  Copies the colortable to: $LOCATION/colr2/mapset/cellname
#  Read programmers manual 12.10.3.1 for details about colr2 files
#
#  Author: Lars Schylberg ( larss at fmi.kth.se )
#          Department of Geodesy and Photogrammetry
#          Royal Inst. of Technolgy
#          Stockholm, Sweden
#
#  Date: 930323
#  History of changes:
#
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#					Check if GRASS is running
#
test "$GISRC" || echo "GRASS is not running" || exit 2
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#					Evaluate arguments
#
if [ $# != 2 ]
then
    echo
    echo Usage: `basename $0`
    echo '       input=mapname '
    echo '       output=mapname '
    echo
    exit 1
fi
#
#  parse input arguments
#
for i do
	case $i in
		input*)
			INPUT=`echo $i | sed s/input=//` ;;
		in*)
			INPUT=`echo $i | sed s/in=//` ;;
		i*)
			INPUT=`echo $i | sed s/i=//` ;;
		output*)
			OUTPUT=`echo $i | sed s/output=//` ;;
		out*)
			OUTPUT=`echo $i | sed s/out=//` ;;
		o*)
			OUTPUT=`echo $i | sed s/o=//` ;;
		*)
			echo ""
			echo "Unrecognized option: $i"
			echo 'Options: input=mapname '
			echo '         output=mapname '
                        echo
			exit 1
	esac
done

#				Check the input arguments

eval `g.findfile element=colr file=$INPUT`
if [ ! "$file" ] ; then
   echo "$INPUT - color file not found"
   exit 2
fi

INFILE=$file
INMAPSET=$mapset

eval `g.findfile element=cell file=$OUTPUT`
if [ ! "$file" ] ; then
   echo "$OUTPUT - cell file not found"
   exit 2
fi

#				Make sure that output path exists

if [ ! "$LOCATION/colr2" ]  ; then
   mkdir $LOCATION/colr2
fi

if [ ! "$LOCATION/colr2/$INMAPSET" ]  ; then
   mkdir $LOCATION/colr2/$INMAPSET
fi

				Copy the color file

cp $INFILE $LOCATION/colr2/$INMAPSET/$OUTPUT