help!

cindy Lovelock 621-9715 cindy at gizzard.hwr.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 23 18:16:25 EST 1993

Hi!

     This is one of the first times that I have used GRASS and I am having a problem
     that I was not able to find the solution to in the user's manual.  I have been
     given some dem files which have been downloaded to the hard drive.   I want to
     be able to read them, but I cannot extract (m.dem.extract) them.  I am wondering
     if there is some intermediate step that I do not know about and that the
     manual didn't mention.  Please be specific if you know the answer to my
     problem - I don't know very much about the software.

     I am not on the mailing list, so please send any help to:

	cindy at gizzard.hwr.arizona.edu

     Thank you very much!

							Cindy