is ps.map working?

Bill Hargrove hnw at mtqgrass.ESD.ORNL.GOV
Tue Mar 30 18:02:31 EST 1993

GrassHoppers:
     Has anyone successfully used ps.map in 4.1beta successfully yet?  I
cobbled up a PostScript device under $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices (not
psdevices, as the g.manual page states) called phaserps like so:

level: 2
page width: 8.5
page height: 11.0
top margin: 0.25
bottom margin: 0.25
left margin: 0.25
right margin: 0.25
resolution: 300

  and I can select it with ps.select, no problem.  But when I try to use
ps.map, after answering all of the prompts, when I hit return, I get an
immediate Segmentation fault.  It does write out the script file, if I
request that, but only creates a zero-length postscript file.

  Anyone know anything about this?  It looks like a nice tool.  Anybody
know an E-mail address forPaul Carlson, USDA, SCS, NHQ-CGIS?

                                   Thanks,
   ____                          Oak Ridge National Laboratory
    /  )      /  /      /  /     Environmental Sciences Division
   /--<   o  /  /      /--/      P.O. Box 2008, M.S. 6038
  /___/__<__/__/_     /  / _     Oak Ridge, TN  37830-6038
William W. Hargrove              (615) 574-1902
hnw at mtqgrass.esd.ornl.gov        (615) 576-8646 (fax)