r.cost

Bill Jackson jackson at cactus.cecer.army.mil
Thu May 6 14:23:15 EDT 1993

Hello,

I have been having some success using r.cost to do a cumulative cost
analysis on a road network.

However, I have been having some problems getting the program to run
when I provide a map with the starting point coordinate as in the following
example.

r.cost input=cost.surf out=start_pt.map where the cost.surf is the cost surface
and the start_pt.map contains a single cell with a value of "1" and the rest
of the map with a "0" value. According to the manual it should accept
this as input but will over write  it with the output, which is OK.

The output map that I have been getting is the same as my input starting pt
map.

Is there a bug in 4.0? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill Jackson
USACERL