xgrass and motif

Ferdinando Villa villa at sparrow.bio.unipr.it
Tue May 18 05:29:47 EDT 1993

> Does xgrass require motif? I took the sentence "..XGRASS, an X Window
> System and OSF Motif based graphical user interface to GRASS4.1 ..." as
> stating that you could use it with either one. Am I wrong? If I am,
> please include a clear paragraph on SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS in the XGRASS
> manual.
> Agus.

X Window AND Motif means you need both. Motif is a display manager and
widget kit running on top of X. Is should be clear to everybody as it
stands, provided they know what Motif is.

--
Ferdinando Villa, dr.

Institute of Ecology                     Direct phone: +39-521-905615
University of Parma                               FAX: +39-521-905665
Viale delle Scienze                      e.mail: villa at eagle.bio.unipr.it
43100 Parma, Italy                               villa at sparrow.bio.unipr.it