i.tape.other - bug

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:03:12 EST 1993

While loading SPOTVIEW imagery with i.tape.other, we found that the program
would crash with a segmentation fault immediately after entering the size of
the region to be extracted (rows, columns) whenever BIL was the selected
format. One of our resident C programmers, Wang Song, identified what he
believes to be the problem: In bil.c and readbil.c the variable "first" is
defined as a pointer; this apparently is not true. By replacing all occurences
of "*first" with simply "first" in these two files the program seems to run
fine.

(An official bug report was sent)
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159