proximity analysis

Margo E Herdendorf meh at geog.buffalo.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:07:54 EST 1993

Dear Grass Users:

I have some archaeological site data which I would like to use to
perform a predictive model based on environmental data (proximity to
streams, slope, etc).

However I can't figure out how to do proximity analsis in GRASS. The
closest I can come to it is by buffering sites out to nearest streams,
but I (hope) there is some way to find out distances that does not leave
so much room for human error.

Thanks, Margo Herdendorf
(this work is being done for the Soil Conservation Service of Erie
County, NY)

please send responses to meh at geog.buffalo.edu