help!

John Talcott talcott at netboss1.trg.saic.com
Mon Nov 8 19:49:14 EST 1993

In article <9311080339.AA17759 at swlab.aben.cornell.edu>, you wrote:

> Sorry if this is a repeat message, I'm just figuring out the list procedure.
> I am trying to run GRASS on a SparcStation10 running SunOs 5.2
> Can I use the compiled version from the moon or do I have to get the source?
> Can I run GRASS on this machine at all?
> thanks, Jim Zollweg zollweg at swlab.aben.cornell.edu

I asked the same question and here's the reply I received from
Jim Pyrzyk (CERL):

There is a version of grass binaries on moon explicitly for Solaris 2.x
It is in /grass/incoming and it is called grass4.1u1sol2.tar.Z (I think)

- Jim Pirzyk

As it turns out, the binary version he mentions does not run under Sun 5.1
because it requires a shared object libm.so.1 that was not part of the 5.1
release, but was part of the 5.2 release.

          _/--_/_/_/_/--_/_/_/_/_/--John C Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com---
         _/  _/            _/      Science Applications Intl. Corp. (SAIC)
        _/  _/            _/      10260 Campus Point Drive
 _/    _/  _/            _/      San Diego CA 92121