Linux Grass

Lawrence Houston houston at norton.geog.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 16 01:58:54 EST 1993

On Mon, 15 Nov 1993, Craig A. Miller wrote:

> I have recently installed GRASS on my linux box.  Unfortunately, I am having
> trouble getting the XDRIVER to work.  I believe my problem is with my terminfo
> file.  In the docs that I recieved with the binary distribution of GRASS,
> I was told to use one of the files in the term.tar.z file.  Unfortunately,
> this file is no where to be found.  Does anyone know where I can find this
> file other than ftp?
>
> The error message reads:
>
> Could not find the terminfo file /usr/lib/terminfo/x/xterm

Craig:

Middle of last month Andy Burnett was kind enouth to made the GRASS 4.1
(Update Package 2) binaries and term.tar.z available on his Linux Based
Host topqark.cecer.army.mil (/pub/grass/grass4.1).  I had no problems
related to Terminfo installing both on a Linux (Slackware 1.0.4, 0.99pl13)
host.  Andy is also running a WWW Server (XMosaic) on the same Host which
provides support for Linux!

Lawrence Houston  -  (houston at norton.geog.mcgill.ca)