using sites to re-categorise rasters and polygons

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Thu Nov 25 02:07:20 EST 1993

> What I have is a raster which has values which correspond to a site list
> for areas corresponding to the thiessen polygons. But, I have a site
> database with 100 attributes, and I want to allocate the various site
> variables to the corresponding raster locations for all of these variables.

You could convert your site list a raster file with that option in s.menu
or with s.to.rast, if your site list is in the format y|x|#attribute.
Then you could run r.stats on the sites_raster_file and
the thiesen_polygon_raster_file to establish the relationship between the
thiessen polygons and the attribute.  That can then be piped into r.reclass
via a small awk script that removes the zero categories r.stats list
from the site_raster_file. All this could nicely be handeled in a
little script.

Good luck!
Lars

Lars Schylberg                       Email: larss at fmi.kth.se
Dept. of Geodesy and Photogrammetry    or : lasc at celsiustech.se (new)
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)  Tel.   +46 8 790 86 33
S-100 44  STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN          Fax.   +46 8 790 66 10