Has anyone installed GRASS on a parallel computer system?

SHIH at cl.uh.edu SHIH at cl.uh.edu
Fri Oct 1 18:44:48 EDT 1993

Duane,

Thanks for taking time to reply.  I am with the computer engineering
program here and have no experience in GRASS.  I am trying to port
some applications to parallel RISC clusters to bridge our environmental
institute and parallel computing research here.  I need to know what
has been done and try to build on.  It will be a big help, if I can
access to the result or experience you have.  I need to know for example
if GRASS is a good candidate to be ported to paralle systems.  Which part
of GRASS require improvement in resolution, accuracy, or speed fron the
GRASS users' view?  Hope to hear from you soon.

Liwen Shih
Computer Engineering, U. Houston - Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058
(713) 283-3866, (713) 283-3707 (fax)
shih at CL.UH.edu