GRASS graphics monitor problem

UDFA615 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk UDFA615 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:14:00 EDT 1993

From: udfa615 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk
Newsgroups: info.grass.user,info.grass.programmer
Subject: GRASS graphics monitor problem
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 93 13:13:45 BST 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am trying to run grass4.0 on a SUN sparc IPX, and cannot
get the graphics monitor work properly. It keeps giving me
the following message:

  GRASS 4.0 > d.mon start=x0
  Graphics driver [x0] is already running
  Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
  Lock file is /applications/grass4.0/locks/dolphin/:0.0/x0
  Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
  ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.

I wonder if any of you had this problem before. It would be greatly
appreciated if anyone can give me a hint how to fix it.

X. Shao

King's College London
Dept. of Geography
udfa615 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk