new user

Ross Bryant ross at pilo.ltrr.arizona.edu.trr
Thu Oct 7 15:32:16 EDT 1993

I am new to GRASS (I just got 4.1 off the internet) and would like to know where I can get an faq list (I couldn't locate one on moon). The 4.1 manual doesn't come close to answering my questions. For example, I can't seem to set up my monitor using xgrass. Whenever I set the monitor to a divice it says "can't unlock file". After I choose the unlock option I still get the same error message. Also when I try to bring up the command line window, it comes up for about a second and then disappears.

Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Ross Bryant