where is s.in.stf1?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:51:19 EDT 1993

Gurcharan Khanna writes:

> i recently installed Grass4.1 and am now in the process of
> importing Tiger files. I am  following the Tutorial but am
> stuck because i can't find s.in.stf1. i have m.in.stf1.tape.
> am i missing something? perhaps i missed something in the
> ftp process. i would appreciate help locating s.in.stf1.

If you are trying to use v.in.tig.basic, then m.in.stf1.tape is indeed the
program that you want.

By the way, I have a couple of nice scripts that automate the process.  One
script creates vector layers based on specified Census Feature Class Codes
(cfcc), running as a background task, while the other extracts vector layers
by feature name (US 66, White River, etc.), using the alternate feature name
table. Let me know if you could use either of these.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159