command r.drain

Phil.Watson at newcastle.ac.uk Phil.Watson at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 05:52:39 EDT 1993

>I execute r.drain and it makes OpenWindows exits(running on my IPX). Other errormessages are:
>- Segmentation fault
>- Illegal command

>Every time it fails a core is dumped.

It sounds like you are running out of memory.  I have had problems before (running
our own software) with openwindows crashing when a huge amount of memory is
allocated - not a very graceful way of catching errors !

Get your system administrator to create a larger swap-space and it should then
work properly.

phil

Phil Watson (an ozzie in exile)   |  _--_|\  | CLUWRR                       |
phil.watson at newcastle.ac.uk       | /      \ | Agric & Enviromental Science |
                                  | \_.--._/ | Uni of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne   |
Phone: (091) 222 7503             |       v  | England, NE1                 |