s.univar update on pasture

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Sep 1 22:56:56 EDT 1993

pasture.ecn.purdue.edu:pub/mccauley/grass/s.univar.tar.gz (4692 bytes)

s.univar has been updated. I made the default output
more verbose, explaining each stat with more words. Also,
I added:
 * -g flag (similar to g.region -g)
 * mean of squares
 * mean of absolute values
 * skewness
 * kurtosis
Regarding these last two, there are several definitions
of skewness and kurtosis. Results with other packages
may not give the same answers. I have no convictions
about which definition to use, so if someone would
like something different, let me know (and send eqns).

Thanks to Helena and others who have offerred feedback.
I welcome comments (and diffs, if you want to add/fix something).

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley            Dept of Ag Engineering, Purdue Univ
internet: mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1146, USA
bitnet: mccauley%ecn at purccvm      UUCP: pur-ee!mccauley
*** avail. for full time employment 9/94-inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) ***