High resolution output from a frame with multiple windows

Phil.Watson at newcastle.ac.uk Phil.Watson at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 07:15:25 EDT 1993

>I'm more than a little confused about how to get high resolution output
>on a printer after creating a complex frame with multiple windows using
>the XDRIVER (in this case on my Sun Sparc).

the easiest way to do this is to use xwd (comes with openwindows) and then
pass the output through xpr (also comes with openwindows) which can convert
it into a file for a variety of printers/plotters.  You could also try
getting hold of xgrab (which it what we use) - I can't remember where
we got it from though !

phil

Phil Watson (an ozzie in exile)   |  _--_|\  | CLUWRR                       |
phil.watson at newcastle.ac.uk       | /      \ | Agric & Enviromental Science |
                                  | \_.--._/ | Uni of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne   |
Phone: (091) 222 7503             |       v  | England, NE1                 |