ps.map

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 27 14:43:21 EDT 1993

Has anyone gotten the ps.map "masked vectors" option to work.

When I run the following script:

scale 1:300000
maploc 1 .75
vect surface_des
  color black
  width 1
  masked y
  end
vect basins
  color black
  width 2
  masked y
  end
labels sanmateo.l
 end
end

I get the following messages:

PS-PAINT: using default configuration values.
PS-PAINT: scale set to 1 : 300000.
PS-PAINT: reading vector file <basins in rwqcb> ...
PS-PAINT: reading vector file <surface_des in rwqcb> ...

Can't open temporary PostScript mask file.

Under my $LOCATION/.tmp/machinename/  I have a file 17411.0

scale 1:300000
maploc 1 .75
vect surface_des
    color black
    width 1
    masked y
vect basins
    color black
    width 2
    masked y

I don't seem to have any other $LOCATION/.tmp files.
Is this a known bug?
Is this a UNIX configuration problem?

Any ideas would be welcome!!!

-Sue Huse
REGIS
UC Berkeley

----- End Included Message -----

Dear Sir:
I had run ps.map without problem. Did you run r.mask before you ran ps.map? If you did not create MASK, then ps.map program can not find the MASK file when you set "masked y" for your vector files. I don't think that is a bug in the program.
Good luck to you.

John Wu