tcltkgrass/Linux Problem

Cao Changyong changyoc at daisy.siue.edu
Sat Apr 2 16:06:58 EST 1994

Hi,
    Although I have got the tcltkgrass package running on my Linux Box by
modifying some codes in the TclTkInit.c to avoid a segmenation fault,
I can't help thinking about the problem I avoided.  The problem was, in the
TclTkInit.c program, there is a line like this:

      tcltkgrass = Tcl_GetVar(interp, "env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)", GLOBAL_ONLY);

    The "env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)" causes a segmentation fault at run time.  I
thought that "env" belongs to the ksh, therefore, I invoked the ksh.  Then
I got a memory fault.

    I know env is in the manual page therefore I assume it is available in
my Linux box.  I can't figure out what causes the segmentation fault.

    Any suggestion?

    Thank you.

Changyong Cao
changyoc at daisy.siue.edu