References - orthorectification & stereo extraction of DEMs

Mikael Holm holm at vtinst.ins.vtt.fi
Wed Apr 6 01:01:12 EDT 1994

On Tue, 5 Apr 1994 hardis at thoth.vsl.ist.ucf.edu wrote:

> I would like to learn more about orthorectification of imagery
> and extraction of digital elevation models from stereo imagery.
> Can anyone recommend good references for both of these topics?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Hardis
> Visual Systems Scientist
> Insitute for Simulation & Training/
>    Visual Systems Lab
> University of Central Florida
>
> E-mail - hardis at vsl.ist.ucf.edu
> Phone  - 407/658-5511
> Ken Hardis           Institute for Simulation & Training
>                      Visual Systems Lab
>                      hardis at vsl.ist.ucf.edu , (407) 658-5511

Hi Ken,

If you want to do both orthorectification of imagery and extraction of
digital elevation models in one step, and/or if you want good results then
you should use "Global image matching". Since you are in Florida I can
recommend you this one:

Ebner, H., Heipke, C. & Holm, M. 1993. Global image matching and surface
reconstruction in object space using aerial images.
In: Barrett, E.B., McKeown, D.M. Jr (eds.) Integrating photogrammetric
techniques with scene analysis and machine vision.
Proceedings of SPIE'93 conference, Orlando, Florida, 14-15 April 1993.
Vol. 1944, pp. 44-57. ISBN 0-8194-1180-9.

-- *** ------- Mikael Holm ------------------------- Email Mikael.Holm at vtt.fi -
 ## * #######  VTT AUTOMATION, Space Technology      Tel   +358 0 456 6278
   # #  # #    Metallimiehenkuja 10, Espoo, Finland  Fax   +358 0 456 4496
--- # - # # -- P.O.Box 13031, FIN-02044 VTT -------- VTT=  Tech. Research Ctr -