tcltkgrass/Linux Problem

Mark P. Line markline at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Wed Apr 6 04:25:34 EDT 1994

On Sat, 2 Apr 1994, Cao Changyong wrote:

>     Although I have got the tcltkgrass package running on my Linux Box by
> modifying some codes in the TclTkInit.c to avoid a segmenation fault,
> I can't help thinking about the problem I avoided.  The problem was, in the
> TclTkInit.c program, there is a line like this:
>
>       tcltkgrass = Tcl_GetVar(interp, "env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)", GLOBAL_ONLY);
>
>     The "env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)" causes a segmentation fault at run time.  I
> thought that "env" belongs to the ksh, therefore, I invoked the ksh.  Then
> I got a memory fault.

I was able to avoid the segmentation fault core dumps by compiling
tcltkgrass using the gcc option -fwritable-strings. I now have Gilles'
tcltkgrass up and running on my Linux system. There are some problems here
and there, but my guess is that tcltkgrass isn't actually finished yet. :)

-- Mark

Mark P. Line                       Phone: +1-206-733-6040
Open Pathways                        Fax: +1-206-733-6040
P.O. Box F                         Email: markline at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Bellingham, WA 98227-0296