DTED data

Oddleiv Tungland oddleiv at samkraft.no
Thu Apr 7 08:40:26 EDT 1994

I am going to buy som terrain elevationdata for Norway and try
to use GRASS.  I thought I would buy the data on dted format because I
think the data was originaly made for DMA.

Do I use "m.dted.extract" to read the data?  In the ref. manual it is only
mentioned data on tape. What if I get data on floppy?

I have GRASS on LINUX, I also have a PC with SCO-UNIX, this has a streamer
tape.  If the data is on tape, can I use the streamer on the SCO-box?
I have NFS on both machines.

ODDLEIV TUNGLAND                              phone :  +47 22527419
Pb. 5192 Maj.                                 fax   :  +47 22527001
N-0301 OSLO                                   e-mail:  oddleiv at samkraft.no
Norway                                        packet:  la3gw at la4o