r.in.poly

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Apr 7 13:08:21 EDT 1994

r.in.poly produces a map with all zeros when I give it
this input file:

 8 7
 8 200
 150 200
 150 7
 8 7
= 1 Soybeans

% r.in.poly i=test o=test
then, 'r.out.ascii test | grep 1' returns nothing (my resolution is '1'
so there should be a nice patch of 1's in my raster file)

Am I misunderstanding how to use this? Has anyone gotten this to work?
I really need to try out some of the i.tools (i.smap) but entering
training data into GRASS with known coordinates seems to be difficult
to do.

Follow-ups to me - I'll summarize.

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley