TclTkgrass - superviewer won't draw vectors

Michael Hill mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au
Thu Apr 7 18:20:17 EDT 1994

In message Thu, 7 Apr 94 9:36:27 CDT,
  Malcolm Williamson <malcolm at cast.uark.edu>  writes:

> Something is fishy with your vector files. I'm running tcltkgrass on IPC's
> and a Sun 690, all under SunOS4.1.3, and have no problems displaying
> vectors on the Super View. Is your data old (such as from GRASS3.0), or
> can you  think of any other possibilities that might make your vectors
> "odd"? Have you tried using the Spearfish data set?

Malcolm,

As far as I know there is absolutely nothing wrong with my vector files. I
run GRASS4.1 Update 3. The ones I was trying were USGS data imported from
DLG files. However it does occur to me that perhaps the superviewer does not
like projections other than UTM. The vectors appear as normal in a grass
xwindow under tcltkgrass.They are of course albers equal area conic. I don't
have anything other than GRASS4 vectors. I don't have room for Spearfish on
the disk anymore with Australia, Alberta and the western USA to deal with.

I'll ckeck it out further, though. Maybe my tcltkgrass setup has a slight
problem.

Mike Hill

Michael J Hill
Senior Research Scientist
CSIRO Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, NSW, Australia,2350.
E-Mail address: mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au