sockets as opposed to fifos

XU at ASUWS2.LA.ASU.EDU XU at ASUWS2.LA.ASU.EDU
Fri Apr 8 06:21:51 EDT 1994

>I am working on a system that does not support "named pipes" and I am confronted
>with the communication issue between "monitors".  My question is, has anyone
>written code that communicates through "sockets" as opposed to "fifos"?  If so,
>I would like to interact with you.  In short, any form of communication other
>than "fifos" is of interest to me (i.e., streams, BSD sockets, etc).
>Thanks in advance!

>Thomas

I have written a simple 'talk' program using socket library which is a C
routine library.   I developed it on an unix machine.   The program include
a server and a client module.  Client first register itself on the server on
some special topic.  Then the client can communicate with all the clients
registered on the same topic.  If you are interested, send me an email at
P.Xu at ASU.Edu

Pung Xu
Arizona State University