Help with .gz and gcc

Tom Nelson tom%alla at [155.84.92.2]
Mon Apr 11 08:51:05 EDT 1994

I am having difficulty finding a copy
of the tools that uncompress the *.gz files
or compile code that need gcc.
As I become aware of all the valuable software available
via ftp I also see more and more of it using .gz for compression.
could someone please enlighten me as to where I can get a copy (ftp please)
of these "g tools" I am using a SUN Sparc II with 4.1.3 OS

Thanks

Tom Nelson
|  Tom Nelson                                                        |
|  Corps of Engineers                                                |
|  Fort Worth, Texas                                                 |
|  (817) 334-2095                                                    |
|  tom%alla@[155.84.92.2]                                            |