Landscape output from ps.map on Tek Phaser III

David Haight davidh8 at yoyo.wv.tek.com
Fri Apr 15 13:49:16 EDT 1994

I've been waiting to see something like this on the net and
must have missed the first question.

I am an applications engineer in the technical support group at
Tektronix.  I have heard rumors about problems printing from grass
to our printers but have never been able to get samples.  I think
people find another way to do what they are trying to do.

I would be happy to look at the postscript created by ps.map and
recommend to whoever maintains the driver how to change it.
I maybe able to offer a postscript "snippet" that when prepended
to the print file will cause it to print landscape, or "best fit".

All of our printers are postscript level 2 which has major
advantages for raster image printing and I am sure that the grass
driver does not use this.

If you have one of our printers, feel free to email me or call any of us
in technical support at 800-835-6100.

I imagine that the Phaser III PXi and Phaser 300i are the most often
used of our printers in the GIS industry but is anyone using a Phaser480?

David Haight
davidh8 at pogo.wv.tek.com