HELP with Projection/Datum(?) Problem

Chris D Garvin -- Ft Sill,OK GARVINC at SILL-EMH.ARMY.MIL
Tue Apr 19 11:52:39 EDT 1994

     PROBLEM: I currently have Oklahoma State Plane Coordinates in the NAD83
datum, I need to convert them into UTM NAD27 datum. The v/m.proj programs work
fine as long as both are in the same datum, however, I would like to know if
it is possible to convert from one datum to the other directly.

     The problem also seems to be tied to the PROJ_INFO file in PERMANENT. It
seems to affect all files in all mapsets. That is to say, PROJ_INFO can only
be one datum type. Any help on this area would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Chris D Garvin (garvinc at sill-emh.army.mil)
Ft Sill, OK
(405) 442-3314/6174