LINUX on CD ROM

Andreas Holz holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Wed Apr 20 06:25:53 EDT 1994

> Hello grass list folks,
>
> Forgive me if this is an FAQ but who supplies LINUX and GRASS on CD
> ROM? I've heard of `lasermoon' but don't have an address for them. If
> there's a supplier in the UK then that would be even better.
>
> One supplementary question is - what pc graphics cards does LINUX X-windows
> support?
>
> Replies direct to me: dww at soton.ac.uk
>
> Dave Wheatley
> Dept. of Archaeology
> University of Southampton
> Southampton SO9 5NH
> UK

Hello Dave,

	1) Who supplies LINUX on CD-ROM? Here in Germany I go into our local
	   book-store and have a choice between three or four suppliers and
	   different Linux-versions.

	   Look at comp.os.linux announce, there were some announces about
	   the new SLS Version 1.05 on CD-ROM.

	2) Linux-Hardware compatibilty:

		- look at the News: comp.answers, there will be posted
		  a lot of LINUX reated FAQ4s, also a HARDWARE COMPATIBILTY
		  FAQ.

		  Graphics boards, which are supported (as I remember):

			- et3000, et4000
			- S3
			- X8514A
			- CIRRUS
			- MACH8, MACH32, eg ATI ULTRA PLUS my own board
				         runs in 1280x1024x256 resolution
			- and much others.

Best Regards

Dipl. Geol. Andreas Holz		e-mail: asholz at cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Institut fuer Geologie und Mineralogie	(this is my primary address. Please use the
Universitaet Erlnagen-Nuernberg		 second, to reach my fast, or copy the mail
Schlossgarten 5				 to the other, because I check this one only
91054 Erlangen				 one or two times a week)
GERMANY

to get my doctors degree at		e-mail: holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
SIEMENS AG
KWU NDA 2