real time plotting

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Apr 20 23:30:06 EDT 1994

J.R. Spidell (jspidell at cl08.cnde.iastate.edu) writes on 20 Apr 94:
>can grass plot information on the screen in "real time".
>i.e. I will have information coming in on the PC's
>serial port and want to manipulate part of the data
>to be placed on the screen.  The information comes in
>periodically.  Can this be done?

what exactly do you want to display? Site locations (maybe GPS
data)? An x-y graph (e.g., quality control)?

There's certainly the library functions to do what you want - it might
just require a little bit of coding. g.gnuplot might be helpful if
you're updating an x-y(-z) graph... you might rip something out of
v.digit to display sites/vectors in a transformed space (it already
reads a serial port for info)

>-jr-

--Darrell