display problems

Bruno Minoja MINOJA at icil64.cilea.it
Thu Apr 28 12:35:17 EDT 1994

Ralf Kunkel write:

:Recently I have installed GRASS 4.1.3 on an RS/6000 machine running AIX with
:minor problems. On that machine, starting the monitor x0 and running d.display
:is working fine. When I try to do the same on an X-Emulator on OS/2-PC
:(PMX-Server 1.2.2 coming with TCP-IP 1.2.1) the text colors in ALL open windows
:(even local windows) on the screen will change from black to yellow when
:clicking on the GRASS graphics window. Restoring the original colors using PMX-
:options switches back to black text, but also changes the background colors of
:the GRASS graphics window.
:Maybe this is a specific OS/2-problem or a problem caused by the login command
:using REXEC (xterm), but the same behavior (with other color changes) occured
:when trying the same on DOS/WINDOWS X-Terminal emulators (PCXware) using the
:same login routine.
:I wonder if other GRASS-users working with X-emulators had the same problems.
:At least, I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on solving this
:problem.
:

 I hav'nt found any differences using, not only GRASS,but a lot of
 X-Packages under DOS/WINDOWS, using XDM (3.0) server, coming from
 pc/tcp (2.2) or from qvt/net (3.9) with X-Terminal emulator Xwin
 (2.8.7).
 My servers machines tested are : Sun, Apollo HP 700 and Convex.

                                  Regards Bruno

Bruno Minoja
Cilea (Consorzio Interuniversitario Lombardo Elaborazione Automatica)
Graphics Department
Via R. Sanzio 4
Segrate Milano Italia
e_mail : minoja at icil64.cilea.it