Question about v.digit

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 2 19:18:26 EDT 1994

> Hi
> 	I was using v.digit successfully to label polygons, but when
> I tried to used the Digitize option, I ran into problems.  I toggled the
> type of line to the correct position and then went into the add mode.  After
> doing the line, I selected quit and then the error message came back that
> I had only digitized one point and the line was therefore invalid.
> Any comments?
>
> Craig
> caa at noaacdc.colorado.edu

You need to check your digitizing and snapping thresholds.
The digitizing threshold sets the minimum distance between
points (helpful for doing stream mode).  v.digit will cull
out all other points within the threshold of a given point.
so if your line is too short for the threshold, all other
points are culled leaving you with only one line, and giving
you that error.  I suggest you set the snapping threshold
to the same value as the digitizing threshold.  I think they
default to 0.3, try something like 0.1 or 0.05.
(BTW they are in teh Customize menu, type the new value, hit
return, type "q" hit return.)

-Sue Huse
REGIS
UC Berkeley